The New Year often brings about the desire to have a fresh start. For homeowners, this often extends to their interior design as well. If you’re looking for a few interior design and decorating tips that will help to spruce up your home and give it a fresh look, then consider some of the following interior design and decorating trends that are expected to be popular this year:
- Gold fixtures – The use of gold tends to be associated with a retro look. However, gold fixtures that also boast a sleek finish are poised to become a popular alternative to silver and stainless steel fixtures.
- Cowhide – Cowhide provides a great accent texture for modern interior designs. Consider implementing elements of cowhide into your throw blankets, area rugs, throw pillows and possibly even your artwork to add visual interest to your home.
- Wallpaper – The use of wallpaper used to be considered somewhat tacky. However, with new technology allowing digital prints as well as textured wall coverings, wallpaper is coming back in a big way.
- Blue accent colors – Blue has always been a popular color, but with Marsala having been named the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year, blue will be a popular accent choice since it’s the perfect compliment to Marsala.
- Mid-century modern elements – We expect this design trend to work its way into many homeowners’ architecture and furniture. Just be careful when using it – it can add a unique sensibility to your home but can also overwhelm it if relied upon too much.
These are just a few of the interior design and decorating trends expected to take off in 2015 that you should consider implementing into your home design.