Technically speaking, when we look at homes here in Kansas City, we notice a pattern. The city predominantly features single wall construction. This means that behind the siding that adorns many homes, there’s no substrate. Yet, James Hardie, a leading name in siding, recommends having a substrate before their siding is applied.
The Siding Installation Process
When we come to your residence, it’s typically because there are issues with the existing siding. Here’s how our process works:
- Assessment and Repair: Firstly, we understand that we are at your house due to problems with your current siding. We diligently identify those problematic areas, cut them out, and replace them with new solid wood.
- Protection Against Moisture: Once the damaged sections are addressed, we add an additional layer of protection by placing down a moisture barrier.
- Installation of New Siding: After the moisture barrier is in place, the new siding is laid over it. Care is taken to ensure that while installing, we’re anchoring the siding through the substrate and into the structural studs.
Common Siding Problems in Kansas City
There are a variety of reasons homeowners decide to remove old home siding. Among the most prevalent issues are:
- Water Damage: This is, by far, one of the most common concerns. When sidings are not adequately protected or when they age, they become susceptible to water damage.
- Wood Rot: Over time, untreated wood can rot, posing structural risks and aesthetic concerns.
- Animal Damage: Woodpeckers, and other critters often target sidings, leading homeowners to seek professional help.
About Johnson County Siding and Window
As an elite preferred Hardie contractor, Johnson County Siding and Window proudly uphold the highest standards in siding installation.
All our installers have been with us for a significant time, and a dedicated project manager supervises every job. This oversight ensures we adhere strictly to Hardie’s guidelines – a prerequisite if one wishes James Hardie to back their product.
Why James Hardie Products Stand Out
James Hardie Product Warranty
James Hardie is synonymous with quality. Their products come with a 30-year manufacturer’s warranty. Moreover, there’s a 15-year warranty on the color.
The ‘Color Plus’ option allows for the siding to come pre-colored, eliminating the need for painting post-installation. This color is oven-baked and cured, ensuring longevity and a life expectancy of the finish for up to 15 years.
Diverse James Hardie Siding Styles
James Hardie’s range of products offers something for every homeowner’s taste. While the most commonly sought after is the eight and a quarter color plus select Cedar Mill lap siding, they also boast specialty shapes.
From shingles to vertical profiles, and even a stucco panel, there’s a style to match every aesthetic.
Vibrant Color Options
One of the advantages of opting for James Hardie is the wide variety of colors on offer. While the Color Plus range offers about 15 shades, the Dream Collection takes this up a notch with over 700 colors! Fans of Chip and Joanna Gaines will also be excited to know about the Magnolia collection, specially curated and available through Johnson County Siding and Window.
Choosing to remove old home siding and upgrade can be a significant decision for any homeowner. Yet, with a brand like James Hardie and the trusted hands of Johnson County Siding and Window, it becomes a seamless and rewarding experience.
Should you have any queries or need a professional touch, or trying to figure out if you should replace your windows or siding first, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help transform your home!