When replacing home windows and siding, Kansas City homeowners are all looking for the same thing: a home that looks beautiful, and products that last a lifetime.
The question is: what’s the best path to getting results you’ll love?
If you’re considering replacing your home windows and siding, here are 5 key steps you can follow for success:
Step One: Determine If Now Is The Right Time For Replacement.
Most homeowners know when it’s time. For windows, you know it’s time to replace when you’re feeling too many drafts, when windows get hard to operate, or they just look tired.
For siding, it usually means the maintenance has gotten to be too much, or the siding is old and is hurting curb appeal instead of enhancing it.
If you’ve reached the point where you know it’s time for new home windows and siding, the only reason NOT to do it is this: if you’re not ready to invest enough to get something that is both durable and beautiful.
We’re not recommending paying outrageous prices, but you also don’t want to skimp to the point you’re sacrificing value in your home or getting products that won’t last.
Here’s a tip: If you want to make a project more budget-friendly, always ask your contractor about payment plan options.
Step Two: Get An Idea Of What Kind Of Products You Want On Your Home.
Not all home windows and siding options are created equal. As you begin to shop around, think about how to best judge the quality of products you’re considering. Here are 3 questions to ask:
- How long has the product manufacturer been around and what is their reputation?
- Can your window and siding company explain the benefits of the products clearly and without hype?
- What kind of warranty do I get, and can I trust the company behind it?
Step Three: Finding Out How New Home Windows And Siding Will Look On Your Kansas City Home.
One of the most frustrating parts of shopping for home windows and siding is not knowing how your home will actually look when your project is complete. The truth is many Kansas City exterior remodeling companies will not be able to help you visualize your results. At best, they’ll bring you a sample or show you a generic picture on a website.
We recommend finding a contractor who uses home visualization software. This nifty technology creates designs that show how new windows and siding will look on a picture of YOUR home. It takes away the guesswork and anxiety – you’ll see how it looks before making a final decision.
Step Four: Find The Right Kansas City Window And Siding Contractor For Your Project.
Nothing determines the success or failure of a home window and siding project as much as the contractor you choose. Here are 3 key things to look for:
- Longevity– Determine how long they’ve been in business. That doesn’t tell you everything, but in an industry that sees most companies fail within 5 years or less, it says a lot.
- Reputation– Read online reviews, check out their rating with the Better Business Bureau, and look for awards and certifications
- Comfort-Level– Any Kansas City home window and siding company you meet with is going to leave with you a feeling about how they operate. Do they try to pressure you? How professional are they? Do they seem to care about their clients? Go with your gut – it’s usually right!
Step Five: Ask Yourself: What Happens After My Project Is Completed?
If you select quality products from a top installer, the chances that you’ll have a problem later are small. However, what if something does come up? This is where your due diligence in selecting a contractor with a long history of staying in business gives you peace of mind.
Getting new home windows and siding is a great feeling when you get results you love. Johnson County Siding & Window Company has been around for 40+ years, and we’d love to help you get started on the road to a successful exterior remodeling project. Call us at (913) 782-2878 or click here for a free consultation and quote.