Stucco siding is most often associated with specific styles of homes—Mediterranean, Spanish, and Mission, to name a few. The Ancient Greeks used to use stucco for the homes they built over a thousand years ago. The advances in this siding material have expanded the creative opportunities for enhancing a home’s exterior. Nowadays, acrylic stucco siding is one of the best siding options for modern homes.
What Is Acrylic Stucco Siding?
Stucco siding starts out as a liquid mixture. When applied to the outside of a structure, it dries to provide an effective layer of moisture-resistant weather protection. Acrylic stucco consists of a special blend of high-performance acrylics for top-tier adhesion, flexibility, texture, and durability. It can be used on a variety of different surfaces, including metal, wood, stone, concrete, fiberglass, or composites. And because you don’t have to replace acrylic stucco siding often, you can enjoy it for decades without issue.
The Many Advantages of Acrylic Stucco Siding
There are many advantages of acrylic stucco siding. For example, it is:
- Beautiful – There’s no denying that acrylic stucco siding is a unique product that provides a touch of texture and warmth for a home’s exterior.
- Durable – Most types of stucco will last for 50 years or more. Acrylic stucco siding is enhanced with ceramic and aggregate compounds to add even more strength than the standard dry mix stucco.
- Low maintenance – Once the acrylic stucco siding has dried, you don’t have to do anything. It shouldn’t crack or peel, even in very humid or dry climates. You may want to rinse the surface occasionally and have the color enhanced with a fresh coat of paint every few years, but that’s it.
- Versatile – Acrylic stucco can offer a variety of textures, so you can customize your home’s exterior siding to the look you want. You can create the rough texture that is commonly associated with stucco siding, or opt for something that is smooth. Stones and pebbles can be integrated into the siding for even more texture.
- Fire-resistant – The stone-like material naturally protects your home from fire.
- Energy-efficient – The density of stucco adds insulation, keeping your home’s interior at a comfortable temperature no matter the weather outside.
Are you exploring the benefits of stucco siding because you’re thinking about investing in new siding for your home? At Johnson County Siding & Window Co., acrylic stucco siding is one of our specialties. Talk to us today about the many options we offer for boosting the curb appeal of homes in the Kansas City metropolitan area.