There’s nothing as lovely as natural light streaming through a window to perk up a room. But some windows are letting in (and letting out) more than daylight. Your windows could be wasting energy, as well as excess time for maintenance.
Take a look at—not through—your windows. It might be time to make a change.
Why should you replace your windows?
- Technology has evolved dramatically. Energy-efficient design has evolved over the past 15 years. Older windows aren’t constructed with a sufficient air seal. Today’s double-pane and triple-pane windows provide better energy efficiency
- Open and close with ease. The old window design requires you to push up the window, which is often a tough task. New vinyl windows are easy to open and close.
- Cleaning is simpler. Contemporary windows feature a tilt-in design, making the cleaning much simpler (which means those windows might be cleaned more often).
- Avoid scraping and painting. Wood windows eventually need touch-ups. Scraping away the peeling paint is a tedious chore for anyone. Vinyl windows require no painting.
- Prevent UV damage. Older windows don’t filter UV rays, which can cause fading in upholstery, drapes, carpet, and wall art. Today’s windows have low-emissivity coating, which prevents those rays from passing through and causing damage.
- Enhance security. New windows have more secure locks than their older counterparts.
- Increase resale value. You get a strong return on your investment with window replacement, which adds to your home’s resale value.
If you live in the Kansas City area, talk to our window professionals at Johnson County Siding & Windows, a member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).